Sunday, September 14, 2014

Back in the Saddle

So, it's been quite a while since my last post.  I've been painting some things in my sparse free time, I've just been neglecting to post official pictures.  Over the next few days I'll be working on getting the Plog updated.

Today, I've got a couple brand, spankin' new pieces that I recently finished.  I've been out of the Malifaux game for a while, but some of the Wave 2 2nd Edition stuff has really drawn my eye.  I've been waiting for the Brewmaster to come out...but now I'm really excited for Shenlong and his crew to hit the market.  I picked up a few pieces during the Gencon sale, and I've been working on painting them. 

First, a Ten Thunders Dawn Serpent.

Next, a proxy for the "Lone Swordsman"

I've got some Infinity JSA stuff and more WarmaHordes Circle stuff that I've painted recently to post as well.

Stay tuned for more!

Friday, September 13, 2013

More Warbeasts!

Just finished my last two warbeasts!  I've got a Gnarlhorn Satyr and a Pureblood Warpwolf finished (finally!).

Comments, criticisms, critiques, and advice appreciated.

I've got some Hordes infantry/solos to paint, but I might switch over to some Sci-fi stuff for a while.

Thanks for looking!

Monday, August 5, 2013

New a throwback!

So in between long call shifts and on rare days off I spent 30 minutes here, and an hour there for nearly a month getting this guy done.  I'm glad to say that I was finally able to finish this piece.

Warpwolf Stalker

Here's my Circle of Oroboros pack, thus far:

And here is some old Warmachine stuff I painted 6 years ago.  I had forgotten about these guys until I got some boxes from my parents' house a few weeks ago.  So I've got a decent sized Cygnar force too!

Comments, criticisms, advice, thoughts, and critiques appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Gotta love time off...

So residency has started.  My first shift on call is Saturday.  So I spent some holiday time off working on Kaya.  Now that she's done, I finally have a Hordes starter painted.  Because I'm crazy, I picked up a Warmachine starter too (some might say that I have a problem...?).

So here she is.  Comments, thoughts, criticisms, and advice appreciated.

Thanks for looking!  Not sure when my next update will be...hopefully not too long!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013


Update time!

Finished my pair of Argi this evening. I've been slowly working my way through the starter I picked up. Enough talk, here are the pictures:

I've got the warlock from the starter on my desk, hopefully I'll have her done soon!

Comments, thoughts, criticisms, and advice appreciated. Thanks for looking! Stay tuned for more!

Monday, May 27, 2013

PP Feral Warpwolf: An Amalgam of Trying New Things

At lot has happened in the past month:  I got married, graduated from medical school, I'm in the process of moving, and I'm gearing up to start my residency!  But I've also been expanding my miniature painting horizons!  I spent a lot of time this month researching different techniques and trying to improve my airbrushing skills. 

One things I really wanted to get better at was creating more interesting bases.  I strongly recommend epoxy plumber's putty as a sculpting material.  It's cheap, sets quickly, and provides ample weight, plus it's easy to sculpt texture (as long as you do it quickly!).  Be sure to get the putty that is usable with plastic (otherwise the heat from mixing the putty will melt your plastic).

So I picked up a Circle of Oroboros starter from Hordes to try a lot of these "new" techniques out on.

First up is the Feral Warpwolf.  I've got pics in a couple of different backdrops (couldn't decide what I liked better).

Also, I wanted to thank Andrew over at SchnauzerFaceMinis for tips on oil washing, using pigments for different effects, and building bases.  I've watched all his videos and I greatly appreciate the tips I've picked up.

His YouTube channel can be found here.

As always, thoughts, comments, suggestions, and criticisms are welcome!  Thanks for looking!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

More airbrushing! GW Tau Shadowsun and Stealth Suits

Well, my airbrushing journey continues!

I attempted some "zenithal" highlighting with these guys. I have to admit that I think I got a little too carried away w/ the initial grey coat and midtone, because a lot of the contrast from the black is gone. And although the final highlight looked pretty good before I started painting details, I feel like it may not be stark enough. So again, these miniatures probably need more contrast. I'll have to work on that for my next airbrush project.


 XV-15 Shas'vre



And the whole team:

Thanks for looking!  Feel free to leave any comments, criticism, or advice!  Stay tuned for more soon.